About Me

My photo
I am a very active person, I love to hang out with friends and family. I love sports! Such as, Basketball, Swim team, maybe even softball now and then. I'm a christian and love church. I have amazing friends that I couldn't live without. All I have to say is I love life!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update on Libya, Japan, and sports!!:)

In Tripoli, Libya, a western airstrike took place on wednesday. They fired at the Libyan government forces' positions in Misrata. Rebels in Libya welcomed these strikes since they have been holding off for weeks. In the past few days, dozens of people have been injured or killed. Residents are saying that theses strikes give them hope since they are not really targeting the bases. Canadas General is now patroling the Mediterranean of Libya.

Fukushima, Japan- Tokyo tap water spurred new fears about food safety Wednesday as rising black smoke came from a leaking nuclear plant and forced another evacuation. Radiation has seeped into the vegtables, raw milk, water supply and seawater since the 9 quake and killer tsunami hit the power plant  neary 2 weeks ago. Broccoli was added to a list of tainted vegtables and U.S. officials annouced a block an japanese dairy and other produce from the region.This crisis is becoming the world's most expensive natural disaster on record, likely the cost is up to $309 billion. The death toll also continuies to rise when they counted more than 9,400 bodies and 14,700 bodies still missing.

Lakers vs. Suns- The lakers came out with a happy ending after 63 min.of playing in the 3rd overtime. Kobe Bryant scored a season high of 42 points. The ending score 139- 137.

No comments:

Post a Comment